This recipe has half the fat of the original version.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
6 tablespoons baking cocoa, unsweetened
¼ cup non-fat dry milk
1 ¼ cup sugar
¼ cup light corn syrup
½ cup skim milk
3 tablespoons peanut butter
¼ cup light margarine
1 tablespoon Vanilla
3 ½ cups dry oats (quick cooking or old-fashioned)
- Bring first block of ingredients to boil in a medium saucepan and continue to boil for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Measure the oats in a medium-sized bowl. Pour hot mixture over oats and mix well.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper and allow to cool. (Be sure to make 36 cookies if you want the nutritional information to be accurate!)
- Transfer cookies to a Tupperware or plastic container and refrigerate (because these have less saturated fat, they do not set up “solid” at room temperature like traditional cookies).
- Serve warm. Can add a scoop of fat-free vanilla ice cream or yogurt.
Makes 36 cookies
|Calories||85||Fat||2g||Cholesterol||less than 1mg|